View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 04:52 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
You know I will say this TNA made a bigger recovery than anyone expected to. That company should have died halfway through last year. It's one thing to get rid of Russo, it's another thing to actually find a guy to properly carry a company (Bobby Roode).

and Sanitarium78, you're really gonna go by Kevin Nash logic?
No, but I was just trying to make a point about how interchaneable most of the ROH roster is right now. The bulk of them fit that vanilla midget thing Kevin Nash has talked about before. There's a few of them that have good personalities but most of the guys don't stand out fro the pack because they're jut wrestlers with no character to latch onto and make you interested in them.

You're right that TNA shouldn't be here now. I remember about a year before Russo got fired I was talking with a coworker of mine who's a big wrestling fan to about TNA's future. I told him it was looking more and more like WCW in it's dying days and it won't be around this time next year if they keep going this way. Well, it looks like Dixie Carter and whoever else has the power backstage (Hogan? Bischoff? Sting maybe? or the company brass) realized Russo wasn't the answer anymore and fired his ass. Ever since then TNA has been the best wrestling show on TV. They no longer have the illogical and nonsensical plot twists and gimmick bullshit Russo pulled all the time. They have solid long term story plans and they let things play out and most importantly they've built up a lot of their own guys to be stars in the company. Mainly Bobby Roode and James Storm, who have had the rivalry of 2012 no doubt about it. AJ Styles and Samoa Joe are relevant again and Christopher Daniels and Kazarian are the tag team of the year.

They still rely on the former WWE guys a bit too much but at least they've made a number of the life long TNA guys stars in the company who are equal to the status of the former WWE guys.