View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 05:12 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

13: Phife Dawg

Rapper: Phife Dawg
Genre: Hip Hop
Venue: The Roxy
Date: April 27th, 2012.

This was my 3rd time seeing the legendary tribe called quest member, only this time he was performing a special solo set which consisted of both his shitty solo material as well as a shit load of classic Tribe called quest songs. I have been fortunate enough to see this MC three times, but the other two times were with His fellow queens bridge rap members. I had a blast at this show and went purely for the nostalgia and being able to watch a legend at such a tiny little club such as The Roxy. The two times that I have seen a tribe called quest were at large amphitheaters which were headlined by them so to see one fourth of the legendary hip hop group at such a tiny little club was something i will never forget. The highlight of the night was when Phife Dawg played the classic track "butter" which is off of a Tribe called quests's "Low End Theory" album which released way back in 1991! It was a moment that I will never forget, especially because I totally relate to that song on another level. Everytime I hear the song "Butter" I always think of my ex-girlfriend; the second verse just totally fits that counts descriptions. The lyrics behind the song are so deep and true about certain females in this world and i'm glad people like phife dawg write these songs for cats such as myself to relate too, and it was an epic moment hearing that classic Tribe song performed right in front of my very own eyes. Twas a nice Friday night taking a trip down memory lane, and hearing all the great old school songs of my youth during the 90s...
11/14 - Slayer