View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:36 PM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

15. Children of Bodom

Bill: Children of Bodom, Eluveitie, Revocation, Threat Signal
Venue: Webster Theater
Date: Thursday, March 1, 2012

Okay here we go! Number 15 is Children of Bodom at the Webster in Hartford. This was my second time seeing them; my first was at Heavy MTL where Alexi seemed trashed and I was standing really far away. This time was a much better performance, plus I got to hear more songs with a longer set. What really made this show memorable for me was that I drove 2 hours from my school in northeastern MA down to Hartford, which is almost 2 hours normally. This time was in a pretty bad snowstorm though, and I drove down alone. The roads were snowy and icy and I could barely see 10 feet in front of me at some points. It took me forever to get there and back, but it was totally worth it!

Threat Signal came on first. They are a metalcore band that I was big into years ago, but I don't really care anymore. They were decent, but it was more a nostalgia trip than anything.

Revocation was up next, and they were so much fun as always. It's so great to watch them play, they are so entertaining while still playing the technical parts perfectly. Not my favorite time seeing them (that's for later) but probably my 2nd favorite.

Eluveitie was up next, and I enjoyed them a lot more than I thought I would. The songs sound more intense live, and the crowd was really into them. They knew how to get everyone going, and I look forward to seeing them again in two weeks!

Bodom came on last, and they are as popular as they are for a reason. Although I do like their music, I don't love it and it's definitely not some of my favorite or the most interesting music. But they are lots of fun live, and they have a great presence on stage. They crowd was really into them, and I headbanged throughout their entire set. Got my ticket signed by the Revocation guys after to remember the show more . Fun time, not sure if i need to see Bodom again, since I don't know if it will get much better than that. Glad i made the trek down to CT!
2/7 Napalm Death

Last edited by energymetal14; 12-07-2012 at 01:39 PM.