View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 11:57 AM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"
Energymetal14's "Nobody cares but here it is" Recap of All Things 2012 Thread

I wasn't sufe if I felt like doing one of these, but I gave in and decided to do it. I'm really just gonna post whatever I think to review/talk about here, but I already have a list of my top shows for the year made up, so this thread hopefully won't go totally unfinished like some others on here Haha jk. But before I start that list, I'll give a recap of the year that once again, nobody cares about.

2012 was a year of highs and lows for me. I started my senior year of college this year , turned 21 this year , and even joined MetalSetlists this year .

This was also a big year for me music wise, going to more shows than any other year before (at least 30, I don't remember exactly) and getting more and more knowledgeable about bands in all subgenres of metal. Constantly searching for new stuff, it takes a lot of time, but is totally worth it, as every once in awhile some true gems are found.

Symbolically, this year can be represented by a bottle of Jameson. I know you're probably thinking , but I can explain. Near the beginning pf the year, I had one of the worst nights of my life with a bottle of Jameson (I think you can guess what happened). Towards the end of the year, I faced my fear and tried it again, and had one of the best nights of the year. Then had another amazing night a few weeks later with, you guessed it, some friends and a bottle of Jameson. It just showed that although a lot has sucked about this year, I've made it through and had some great things happen, too.

So enough of my storytelling, let's start this list! First post coming soon.
11/7 Mortuary Drape/Mgla