View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 01:57 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
I'm with you to an extent. I think it's better than mediocre, but it's absolutely their worst album to date.
Meh, saying there is a worst Municipal Waste album is like saying there is a worst Quentin Tarantino movie. There's no such thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
Yeah, I've read everything in here. I'm just usually on my phone at work, so I don't comment. A few things:

> I half-agree with you on Cannibal Corpse. Kill is their best post-Barnes album followed by Torture.

> Bleeding Through's new one was the worst album I've heard all year.

> I disagree that Kreator have the same sound for every album.

> I completely agree on Sabaton and Horrendous and Goatwhore and quite a few others on here.

> This thread has given like 10 or 15 bands that I NEED to check out. Keep up the awesome work, dude!

I just don't like Chris Barnes that much. And I don't mean just because of the whole Cattle Decapitation thing, I've never really liked his vocals.

If Bleeding Through is the worst thing you've heard all year....You are having a good year.

I can't help but hear it in Kreator, it's not as bad as some bands, but in my ears its unavoidable to hear.

glad you dig Sabaton, Horrendous and Goatwhore.

And make sure to check out all the albums that capture your interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
Only 7/10? This album really surprised me with its awesomeness. Also, I think we need to take a moment to acknowledge how great of a song "And There Was Silence" is. That is among the best power metal songs I've ever heard and is a blueprint of how to do power metal properly.
Basically if it is above a 6, I listen to it a lot. and I listen to Primal Fear a lot. They were the first Power Metal band I ever saw. I just think some other bands put out slightly better albums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
I personally thought the album was a little meh. I much prefer the album that came before it.
Kinda. There are some better songs on this one, but the last album was solid all the way through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0unds View Post
Great work so far man, keep the list coming.

I checked out the releases you suggested from Nachtmystium and Secrets of the Moon - awesome stuff.

I also agree that Torture is very close to Kill in terms of quality, one of my favorites this year for sure.

Glad to see you are digging those bands so far. And Torture is fucking awesome.