View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

41. Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...

A name I'm certain most have heard. Halestorm are your fairly common female fronted hard rock band that have blown up in the mainstream due to hit singles and relentless media attention. There's honestly nothing too different, except for the fact that I happen to enjoy their songs. Very much. Catchy material, fun to listen to, and overall good quality. Lizzy Hale is an incredibly talented young lady, and she shows off her pipes in this new album even more than in the debut. Songwriting is definitely something the band has down; the songs get more and more interesting as the album goes along, with the exception of a select few. The sometimes "too-much" girly lyrics and poppy choruses can be overwhelming for some, if not most, however the good outweighs the bad for me. Frankly, I don't even find poppy choruses bad at all. The lyrics do sometimes get ridiculous, but lyrical content for me holds next to nothing in overall album value. It's just a very nice bonus. At the end of the day, Halestorm's sophomore album is a good one. Not great, but good. Looking forward to the next one.

"Rock Show" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buNoT-AELRs

6/10

Last edited by SerpentineVIVIVI; 12-06-2012 at 12:12 PM.