View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 02:16 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

10. Devin Townsend Project

September 4
Studio 7
Katatonia - DTP - Stolen Babies

This was one of the performances that I completely forgot about until I was about to finish my list, and I am damn glad that I remembered it!

If you haven't been to a Devin Townsend show, YOU MUST GO. His sarcastic comments, stage banter, music, and everything else he brings to the table makes one of the most entertaining concerts you can ever witness. Even if you are not a fan of his solo music, go to a show, you will not be disappointed.

This was the third time I had seen Hevy Devy, and by far the best (barely beating the first time I saw him two years ago).

"Come on everyone! Put your lighters in the air, let's turn this into a White Lion concert!!"

I will admit, I am not the biggest fan of his music. I am not saying I don't like it, it just isn't completely my style (i still buy his albums though), but his live show can only be done by him. He works so hard to get the crowd involved, and it pays off. My only complaint about this show was that he played far too many new songs.

Once again, if you get the chance, GO SEE HIM. Especially on the Gojira tour next year, hopefully half the crowd won't leave after his set though.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com