View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

40. Pigeon Toe - The First Perception

Easily one of the strangest finds I've come across this year. I would have never came across them were it not for Spawn of Possession, if I recall correctly. Blabbermouth had posted an article about them, and I clicked on their Soundcloud to just give it a listen for old times sake, and it led me to their record label's page. While I wasn't surprised at my lack of interest in the Spawn song, I stumbled upon Pigeon Toe. I was in the mood for new music at the time, and I can't say I regret it. They are a unique band, to say the least. I am a fan of genre classifying so as to lead people in the right direction, so to do my best I'd say it's progressive alternative rock with more than noticeable metal elements, and a hint of Tool-esque moments. It's a lot, but honestly nothing does better than the listen itself. It's not downright incredible, but as a debut, this is a) beyond different and b) surprisingly captivating given the aforementioned. This band definitely shows promise, and I'll be sure to follow their releases.

"The First Perception" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Bov73bueU

6/10

Last edited by SerpentineVIVIVI; 12-05-2012 at 06:50 PM.