View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Ivan's cleans are the one potential saving grace to FFDP. It's his Pseudo-tough guy act he puts on for the "harsh" vocals and cringe worthy lyrics that really drive me nuts. He was never a great lyricist even on that first album, but from War is an Answer onwards his lyrics have gotten so repetitive and much more terrible. And that wouldn't be all that bad (there are tons of bands I love whose lyrics aren't very good) if the music itself wasn't so mundane. It's not that they aren't heavy enough or anything. The songwriting is just not good.
I actually prefer his screaming vocals. Let me say his clean vocals during the verses are fine. Its the multi layered, processed vocals during the chorus of damn near all of their songs that I dislike. I agree with you on everything else. They try to sound too much like Pantera meets Nickleback imo. The thing that bothers me is that they have potential to be a good metal band if they tried imo. First thing they need to do is get rid of Kevin Churko as producer. He does Ozzy & In This Moment & if it weren't for the vocals & guitar solos all 3 bands recent albums would sound virtually identical - riffs, tones, song structures, etc barring just a few songs.

Last edited by WOLVERINEKILLS; 12-03-2012 at 09:23 PM.