View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
The new Saint Vitus didn't suck. Why would carcass suck?
Saint Vitus has always stayed true to their sound. Wino has been making amazing Doom albums for 30 years and I doubt he's going to change anytime soon. Or at least make it affect Saint Vitus. Carcass on the other hand is different. The Carcass I fell in love with was all about grind and being as fast as possible. Jeff started hating grind in the early 90s, so he completely changed the sound of the band. That's why they've only been playing 2 songs from the first album since like 92 and never played too many songs off the second album since then either. Another example of Jeff hating grind is how Brujeria has gone to complete shit ever since he joined. They used to play songs off the first record a lot, now that he's in the band,, its mostly Brujerizmo songs cause they're not grindcore. Also, Bill is in love with his Firebird band. I love hearing him singing in a clean note and trying to show his love for Cream, but I'm not sure how this will affect new Carcass. The best thing about seeing Carcass was seeing Bill sing Exhumed to Consume. I know Jeff is too much of a rockstar to let Bill be in control. I really hope Bill gets some input so he can make another Exhumed to Consume, but I don't see that happening. In the end, this album will most likely suck. To make matters worse, I won't want to see them after this album comes out cause that just means more old songs are going to be cut. I'm sure they will be more than happy to just play Heartwork and the new album and maybe one old song. Fuck that shit.
6/6-Ink n Iron
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots