View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:13 PM

#4....
Maiden England
Iron Maiden & Alice Cooper
Venue: Comcast Center
Date: Tuesday, June 26th 2012
Attendance: Bruce said onstage that it was 14,000. Seemed like more though.
Ticket cost: $97.50 (one very rare occasion that I was perfectly ok with being in the pit)

Who is number 1? You are number 4 (not 6). I assume it'd be higher on most other lists, but I have my reasons.

There were many things to love about this show. Hell, it's Iron fucking Maiden & Alice fucking Cooper, what's not to love? Well, let me get the negatives out of the way before I go fanboynuts over both bands.

1. The Comcast Center. I have been going there for 5 summers, have been to probably 15 shows there, and exactly one of them has sounded good. This was not one of them.
2. I had heard in previous Maiden threads that they had a new sound guy for the first time in over 30 years (I could be dreaming, correct me if I'm wrong, please). If true, it sure showed. Adrian is my favorite player in Iron Maiden & I couldn't hear his goddamned guitar until the Seventh Son interlude. Also, Steve's bass was just at an absurd level.

Those were my only complaints about the show itself. Anybody from around here can back me up on the local complaints (Boston traffic, traffic getting out of the venue, beer prices, etc.)

Still, the setlists from both were more than enough to make it into my best shows list for this year. First time seeing both bands and it was superbly awesome.

The Black Widow
Brutal Planet
I'm Eighteen
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Hey Stoopid
Billion Dollar Babies
Feed My Frankenstein
Poison
Wicked Young Man
I Love The Dead (outro)
School's Out (Another Brick In The Wall: Part II medley)

Moonchild
Can I Play With Madness
The Prisoner
2 Minutes To Midnight
Afraid To Shoot Strangers
The Trooper
The Number Of The Beast
Phantom Of The Opera
Run To The Hills
Wasted Years
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
The Clairvoyant