View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 02:28 PM

PVH5150's Top 5 Concerts Attended in 2012

Yes, I'm aware, not an album thread, but it seems closely enough related. Any problems, feel free to move it to general chat.

As I only have one more confirmed concert to attend this year (and it's someone I've already seen this year), I figure I'd share my Top 5 shows that I've been to this year. My personal review, photos (if taken) & setlists. I've been to 23 this year, and it was pretty tough to narrow it down to 5. Not many dull moments this year.

#5....
Gigantour 2012
Megadeth, Motorhead, Volbeat & Lacuna Coil
Date: Sunday, January 29th
Venue: Tsongas Center
Attendance: Rough estimate of 3,500, possibly 4,000.
Ticket cost: $49.50

I had found out about this show around this time last year and got wicked excited for it. 1. Hadn't seen Megadeth at this point, and always wanted to, 2. Total Motorhead fanboy & 3. Cristina Scabbia

The show started right around 6:30 and LC was the first band on. It was my first time seeing them also. Overall, I'd give them an ok. Band wise, I'm not really into them. But Cristina's voice made up for some of that, she's great. Doubt I'd see them on their own though.

Our Truth
Upsidedown
Kill The Light
Trip The Darkness
Spellbound

Volbeat was the next band on. Up until then, I had only heard "A Warrior's Call" from them. Shockingly, they didn't play it on this night. Didn't matter though, this show made me a fan of them. Excellent band (especially with Hank Shermann on guitar) & Poulsen's voice is very cool and unique. They came around later in the year with Iced Earth but I was unable to make that show. I'd definitely see them again.

The Human Instrument
Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood
The Mirror & The Ripper
Sad Man's Tongue
Hallelujah Goat
Who They Are
Fallen
I Only Want To Be With You (Dusty Springfield cover)
Pool of Booze, Booze, Booza
Still Counting
Raining Blood (Slayer cover, partial)

Next was God, Mikkey & Phil, better known as Motorhead. This was my 3rd time seeing them and first time in an arena settings. In a way, I was glad I got to see them in this setting because it gave my ears a slight break. If you've seen Motorhead in a club setting, you know what I mean. They were most excellent as always. Huge plus for opening with Bomber & going right into Damage Case.

Bomber
Damage Case
I Know How To Die
Stay Clean
Over The Top
The Chase Is Better Than The Catch
The One To Sing The Blues
Drum Solo
Going To Brazil
Killed By Death
Ace Of Spades
Overkill

Next, Megadeth. Hadn't seen them until this point & I was very excited to see them for the first time. They had excellent sound. The guitars were very crisp and not too bright. I remember about halfway through the show Dave brought some guy on stage and gave him one of his guitars signed by the whole band, which I thought was cool as hell. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not seeing them a couple weeks ago on the CTE tour. Ah well, win some lose some.

Trust
Wake Up Dead
Hangar 18
Sweating Bullets
Angry Again
She-Wolf
Dawn Patrol
Public Enemy No. 1
Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
Guns, Drugs & Money
A Tout Le Monde (w/Cristina Scabbia)
Symphony Of Destruction