View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 11:29 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
Deftones sucked live between their self titled album until Diamond Eyes. Chino finally cleaned up his act and now they are better than ever. They are better in a club/theatre setting compared to a amphitheater/arena.

One reason they do not always go over well is that their sound doesn't exactly fit in with most bands. They are a band one usually loves or hates. If you aren't a fan of the music you probably won't be a fan of them live either. I still think they are the best alternative-metal band whether that be live on in the studio. Regardless, the Deftones touring with AiC comment was just that, don't get your hopes up for BlackDiamondSkye part 2 although it is slightly possible.
I guess I will always have a grudge with Deftones because my very first concert was Summer Sanitarium with Metallica, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Deftones and Mudvayne. Deftones canceled their set because he got too high before their set and couldn't perform. I will always find that to be bullshit.

If you look up videos from Knotfest, you can see all the stage antics that Deftones did and that Chino is a great frontman and can now put on energy, but a lot of their songs I can't get into. Every album since the self titled album has had a few great songs with a lot of mediocre ones.