View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Album #9: Gojira - L'Enfant Sauvage
June 26, 2012

I wasn't into this band until this past August when my friend gave me a copy of The Way of All Flesh. I'm not normally into many extreme metal bands like this but I fell in love with Gojira. The songwriting is so unique and that really sets them apart from their peers. I can't think of another band that sounds like them.

I got this album this past fall and it's definitely one of the better albums of the year. My favorite tracks are Gift of Guilt, Liquid Fire, and the title track. Mouth of Kala is awesome too. The Wild healer is the weakest track and is actually kind of annoying. Explosia is good but I feel like they could have done more with it, especially the back half of the song. Pain Is A Master is pretty hilarious with that outrageous sounding riff near the beginning, I busted out laughing the first time I heard it. I like The Way of All Flesh more because I feel that there's more variety to be found on there but this is still a great album.

I wish I could see these guys on their tour next year. I've actually already seen them once in 2009 with Metallica but I wasn't into them then and don't remember a thing about their performance unfortunately.

This one gets an 8.5.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac