View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 08:59 PM
That Guy
Originally Posted by Addicted2metal View Post
Agreed I hated this album I listened to it only once and deleted it. and their last album was very good.

Also glad to see I am not the only who likes the new whitechapel.
I don't know what the fuck happened to In This Moment, but its fucking baaaaad! But yeah the new Whitechapel is damn good.

Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Your thoughts on the new Whitechapel mirror mine exactly I would give it an 8 instead of a 7. That album is by far their best imo. They have progressed so much as a band (especially in the songwriting department) since Somatic Defilement it's almost mind-boggling.
That's what I like in a band is progression in sound. very few bands can be like AC/DC and Slayer where variation does not matter before it gets stale. In Deathcore, you gotta do more than breakdowns and pig squeals. Whitechapel hit it out of the park.

Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
It's refreshing to hear somebody not bash this. Because of their image (ie: Jill Janus) it seems like a lot of people hate them for the sake of hating them. I don't think they are particularly brillant, but Jill is a good vocalist and the black metal influences are pretty cool. The real problem with the album is that the songwriting isn't that consistent. There are a few killer songs and then quite a few average ones.

This is another surprise to me. I actually really enjoyed this one and would give it somewhere between 8.5-9, but this is a pretty big statement. I would say there's at least 1 better thrash album, maybe 2 depending on how much you like thrash. I won't reveal them though, because I'll be doing my list in about a month.
I can only knock Huntress live. She got shitfaced the night before my show for Paganfest and it showed. the Dragonforce show she did much better. It's a good album. And my guess is that Overkill took over this one as best Thrash album?

Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
The Testament album rules.
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media: