View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 07:59 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2metal View Post
Agreed I hated this album I listened to it only once and deleted it. and their last album was very good.

Also glad to see I am not the only who likes the new whitechapel.
I don't know what the fuck happened to In This Moment, but its fucking baaaaad! But yeah the new Whitechapel is damn good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Your thoughts on the new Whitechapel mirror mine exactly I would give it an 8 instead of a 7. That album is by far their best imo. They have progressed so much as a band (especially in the songwriting department) since Somatic Defilement it's almost mind-boggling.
That's what I like in a band is progression in sound. very few bands can be like AC/DC and Slayer where variation does not matter before it gets stale. In Deathcore, you gotta do more than breakdowns and pig squeals. Whitechapel hit it out of the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
It's refreshing to hear somebody not bash this. Because of their image (ie: Jill Janus) it seems like a lot of people hate them for the sake of hating them. I don't think they are particularly brillant, but Jill is a good vocalist and the black metal influences are pretty cool. The real problem with the album is that the songwriting isn't that consistent. There are a few killer songs and then quite a few average ones.

This is another surprise to me. I actually really enjoyed this one and would give it somewhere between 8.5-9, but this is a pretty big statement. I would say there's at least 1 better thrash album, maybe 2 depending on how much you like thrash. I won't reveal them though, because I'll be doing my list in about a month.
I can only knock Huntress live. She got shitfaced the night before my show for Paganfest and it showed. the Dragonforce show she did much better. It's a good album. And my guess is that Overkill took over this one as best Thrash album?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
The Testament album rules.
INDEED!