View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 04:40 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Wait...was this last nights Impact!? It looked kinda like last weeks. The Christian dude got a contract.

Anyways, i finished it. Wow... I will eat my own words, that was HIGHLY enjoyable. I think I will tune in more often! Or at least be sure to watch it On Demand.
That was last weeks episode which was a great go home show to sell the PPV that happened on sunday. It's nice to see that rather than the WWE's usual mail it in shows the week leading up to a PPV.

This weeks episode was OK. Mainly just recapping the PPV and setting up a couple new things. Still check it out if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I really enjoyed TNA when I first started watching it on Spike in 2005. It was nice to see something other than the WWE. But after a while they started bringing in too many of the wrestlers the WWE was releasing and throwing the title on them. And the backstage segments started really killing me, especially when Karen Angle showed up. So I just ended up stopping watching and only followed it on the internet.

Over the years it just seemed to be trying too hard to be the WWE's competition and get their attention (the Voodoo Kin Mafia angle, invading RAW once, trying to start the new Monday Night War). Like the little brother who always does whatever he has to to get his older brothers attention and approval, just to even get acknowledged. And the WWE (like that older brother) really doesn't seem to pay any attention at all to the little brother. I really don't think TNA is a blip on the WWE's radar, ever.

I have seen some great matches in TNA, from their homegrown talents (meaning guys who weren't famous in the WWE before they came over). I remember a match of AJ Styles and Samoa Joe vs. the LAX at a house show in Oshawa in late-2007 that was AWESOME. And some great moves. Petey Williams 'Canadian Destroyer' is one of the best looking (albeit impossible) finishers of all time.

And another thing that keeps me from watching these days is the amount of commercials on Spike TV. I don't know if it's a regional thing but in Canada it's literally 50/50 commercials to program.
TNA isn't like that anymore. As i've said a number of times in this thread, Vince Russo was fired a year ago and none of that bullshit booking that held TNA back for so long is there anymore. New guys are in charge backstage and they actually have a good idea of what they're doing and how they want it done. Yes, there are still flaws and things they can improve on but they've been the wrestling company of the year as far as i'm conserned. If you were able to sit through how horrible the WWE was from when Orton won the title in 2004 all the through to 2008 then you should be willing to give TNA another shot. Especially when the WWE is coming off one of the most bland and boring years i've seen in my 26 years of being a pro wrestling fan. TNA's promos and in ring action is consistantly better than what the WWE offers on a weekly basis. The wrestling is also more face paced and are based around having more exciting, high impact moves instead of WWE's current slow, plodding put you to sleep in ring style.

It might be a regional thing with the commercials because there's certainly more program than commercials here.