View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Walmart those fuckers literally only close on Christmas and are open every other day. Worst part is my availability says I don't work Thursday or past a certain time and they decided to break both of those.
As someone who's worked some retail in the past I can tell you that when it comes to black friday or the whole Thanksgiving weekend for that matter, you being unavailable doesn't mean shit unless you're out of town. On black friday everybody on the payroll is scheduled to work unless it's impossible for them to be there. I know that the shift starts on thursday but technically i'm sure they're counting it as black friday shift so you're screwed. What do you need off on thursdays for anyway? Maybe they know you won't be doing it that day because of the holiday so they put you on.

The schedule can get fucked up a bit from black friday through new years day, so keep on checking it. Retailers need all the help they can get this time of year so I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the last time the shcedule gets messed up.