View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 03:16 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Children - Hard Times Hanging at the End of the World

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the band Early Man. Well this is their drummer's other band.

Musically this is quite a bit different than Early Man. What we have here is a pretty strange sounding progressive/technical thrash metal album, and as you can probably already tell by the genre, this album has riffs by the TRUCKLOAD. Lots of memorable, headbanging riffs to be found here, with a technical flair for good measure. Each song is just one kickass riff after kickass riff, usually broken up by a nice, shredding guitar solo, accompanied by rough, raw sounding vocals and some skilled work behind the kit. Quite honestly, there's no band that I can really compare these guys to. Some of the dissonant parts might be slightly Voivod-esque, and the riffs might recall some of Coroner's material, but this is truly a different beast all its own.

If you want a kickass thrash record that has a more progressive/technical vibe to it, look no further than Hard Times Hanging at the End of the World.

Advanced Mind Control
Time Is The Living
Power of the Spirit