View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 02:25 PM
N00B

For Today -- Lansing, MI -- November 4th, 2012

I really wanted to see Of Virtue. They're an awesome band from Lansing. I stood in line for 45 min waiting to set in, so I missed their set. I mean, really... the venue knew this show was a sellout, so why have the same single-file line doing will call, guestlist, and ripping ticket stubs. STUPID! Anyway, Of Virtue is really good. Check em out if you can. I've seen em 3x.

Hundredth was next. This was my 4th time seeing them, and I always thought they were just OK. They owned the night last night w/ a 20-min set. They absolutely KILLED IT. You'd think they were the headliners.

Texas In July was next, and much like Hundredth, they leveled the place. This was my 2nd time seeing them, and it certainly won't be my last.

Sleeping Giant was fantastic as always, but the pace of their set was really slow, so that kinda killed the energy. I love that band, though, and I'll see them every time I can. I was hoping, since I knew Impending Doom was in the house, that they'd do "Blame It On The Holy Rollers" together, and they did!

Sleeping Giant Setlist
Morning Star
Gang Signs
Blame It On The Holy Rollers (w/ the singer from Impending Doom)
Behold the Pale Horse
The Army Of The Chosen One
Eyes Wide Open
Jehova Shalom
Tithemi

Impending Doom played a solid set. They dedicated "Anything Goes" to the late singer from Suicide Silence. I've seen Impending Doom 4 or 5x now and am really becoming a fan. They really bring the heaviness.

Impending Doom Setlist
Murderer
More Than Conquerors
There Will Be Violence
Anything Goes
Storming the Gates of Hell
Deceiver

For Today headlined. I see them every single time I can. This set, though, was a bit lacking. They were good, but the opening bands all out-played them, IMO. All of they opening bands were fantastic, so For Today had a tough bill to headline. For Today has stolen a page out of Soilwork's lighting playbook. No, that's not a compliment. They had a bunch of super-bright lights that added nothing to the show and prevented us from seeing the band on stage. A good light show can really add to a live band's experience, but overdoing it can really ruin it. During "Arm The Masses" they asked for 100 stage dives, and they got it easily. I'm glad I wasn't up front.

For Today Setlist
Fearless
Saul of Tarsus
The Advocate
Under God (w/ the singer from Sleeping Giant)
Seraphim
The Only Name
Arm the Masses
White Flag
Foundation
--encore--
Devastator
5/17 Still Remains
5/24 BledFest
6/5 DFD
7/9 311
7/17 MayhemFest