View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 11:46 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fates Guardian View Post
Interesting, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the reply!

No problem man. If someone takes the time to reply, I have the time to reply back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0unds View Post
Really nice job on this list man! I definitely missed a few solid releases this year (Aborted, My Dying Bride, Stone Sour, Cloudkicker to name a few), time for some catching up.

Thank you good sir! I still have a fuckload of albums to go. but yeah start checking out those albums sooner rather then later, or you'll end up like me, missing out on a lot of music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I really need to give this a listen. I loved Planet of Ice, but from what I heard of Omni I was disappointed in their direction. That said, I should probably give Omni a few full listens too! From what I remember, Omni seemed a lot more keyboard-heavy and poppy than Planet of Ice. Is that the case, or am I on glue?
No i can say Omni was like that, but I loved Omni, The new Minus The Bear isn't really keyboard heavy, it's the instrumentation of Planet of Ice with the son quality of Omni. That's a win to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco44 View Post
Great job so far. But every album in your top 20 was either a 9.5 or perfect 10? Maybe I just have a different idea on what a perfect/near perfect album is.
That is a fair assessment, and you are right to an extend. Except rather then giving it a rating for all time use, when I rate an album a 9.5 or 10, I usually just mean that more towards the best of the year rather then the best ever (although one album in particular is one of my favorites of all time)

But I probably won't rate my top 20, as they are my top 20. Rating them the highest seems redundant.

Also don't expect any more reviews until at least Wednesday, with Napalm Death Mordwolf, and Insomnium interviews (among what could be more tomorrow with Insomnium) and recording the radio show by 4am Tuesday mornig. I have no time to review anything.