View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
That's awesome.

I met Bret Hart walking on the streets of Toronto once. I couldn't believe how short he was. I didn't really say anything other than, "hey, Bret Hart". He was like, "hey". Epic.
That's pretty much what my reaction would be if I just saw some random wrestler walking around one day. I know it's part of the job for them but I don't like bothering any well known person, weather it be a wrestler a musician or some other celebrity when they're just trying to go about their day like everyone else.

The only wrestler I ever saw randomly out in piblic was Big John Studd somewhere around 1989 or 1990. My brother and I were in line for the ferris wheel at the local amusement park and he was standing in line a little bit ahead of us. The WWF was in town the next night so it did make sense that he would be in the area. He just towered over everyone and there really wasn't any mistaking who it was. Not too many people walking around looked like him to begin with. We didn't say anything to him because we were just in awe and a intimidated by his presence. This was during his run as a fan favorite so he probably would've been nice to us if we said something, since back then wreslters were made to carry the same persona in public as they did on TV. Even so, being only 11 or 12 at the time there was no way I was gonna go up and speak to the same guy who used to challenge Andre The Giant