View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

50. Saint Vitus - V
Doom Metal

You should all know who Saint Vitus is. This is the last album they did with Wino until this year, and it serves as a pretty good fairwell if you ask me. Although this isn't as strong as the albums before it (besides their debut), it's worth a listen because it's motherfucking Saint Vitus.

49. Burning Witch - Crippled Lucifer
Drone/Doom

Stephen O'Malley's band after Thorr's Hammer. Slow, droning, heavy ass riffs with tortured drugged out screams of vocalist Edgy 59. This release is a combination of their two EP's, Rift.Canyon.Dreams and Towers.... If you like doom metal of dark, depressing, heavy proportions, then you need to check this one out.

48. Pentagram - Be Forewarned
Doom Metal

Pentagram's last album before they started making some god-awful albums. Be Forewarned is as doomy as their previous efforts, but it's a bit more melodic. Bobby Leibling's voice more controlled and soars more than any other release. "Vampyre Love" is a fucking anthem. This album was definitely written like it was going to be played in packed stadiums. Not their best, but still incredible.

47. Down - Down II: A Bustle in Your Hedgerow
Sludge Metal

I'm sure all of you are aware of who down is. This NOLA sludge supergroup returns with their second album which is arguably their heaviest. This one has got it's heavy moments, but it also has a few quieter, country-esque songs like "Learn from this Mistake" and "Where I'm Going". With that being said, there's nothing wrong with this album at all and its consistent from front to back.

46. Acid King - Busse Woods
Stoner/Doom

I really like this album and this band. Unfortunately though, this is really the only Acid King album I've fully digested. It's a great one though. Heavy and trippy yet calm the whole way through. Female vocalist Lori's soothing melodies on top of the bands droning Sabbath riffing make for a monumental, relaxing, tripped out journey through Busse Woods.