View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

I saw End of Watch and Taken 2 this weekend. End of Watch was outstanding and is definitely one of the best movies of the year imo. The acting is fantastic (If I didn't know Jake Gylenhaal and Michael Pena were actors, I would've though they were real cops) and the relationship between Gylenhaal and Pena's character drives the movie. It also packs a surprising amount of emotional power which adds to the authenticity this movie gives off. Can't recommend this enough, Amazing movie.

Taken 2, on the other hand, fucking sucked. It takes everything that made the original great and just does away with it. The action scenes are horrible (You honestly can't even what it's happening 90% of the time. When you can hear the action, but not see it, you have a problem) and there are so many facepalm worthy moments that I lost track. It's not even rehash because a rehash would've at least still been enjoyable. One of the dumbest and just plain bad action movies I've ever seen. Dead serious it's only marginally better than Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.
9/28 Coheed

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/