View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Ah yes...number 18. Well, I'm a bit confused right now, because I specifically remember writing a mini-review for this, but it must have been deleted somehow, or not posted correctly. I'll look for it tomorrow when I have access to the laptop I was using at the time. Suffice to say it was this little gem:

18. Fucked Up - David Comes to Life

Like I said, I'll try to find the blurb I wrote and post it later. If I can't find it, I'll write a new one.

EDIT: I never found it. So...what I remember from the blurb I wrote was that that it had something to do with the fact that this album is actually a concept album - an almost 80-minute long rock opera in four acts, to be exact - which tells a story about a character named David who works in a light bulb factory, and there's something about a girl named Veronica, and falling in love, and somebody dies, and shit like that...but mostly it was about how Fucked Up had a lot of balls making an album like this, considering they reside squarely in a genre where song lengths are typically measured in chunks of a minute or two, and the closest thing to a concept album is that all of the songs on an album are about the same subject such as hating the government, or something like that. At any rate, it's an ambitious album by a band that's so much more than your typical run-of-the-mill punk outfit, and as such, it deserves your attention.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 10-08-2012 at 07:24 PM.