View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 06:26 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Coheed and Cambria -- Worcester, MA -- September 28th, 2012

First time seeing Coheed since 06 and they killed it. They were way more into their performance this time around (I was honestly shocked at how energetic the whole band was, especially Claudio), their setlist was loaded with old stuff (my only gripe was "Mother Superior", but I despise all of thier ballads so I have a definite bias.) and the new stuff sounds pretty badass. Claudio even pulled out his double-neck guitar for Welcome Home and The Final Cut! Hopefully it won't be another six years before I get to see them again.

3 and The Dear Hunter opened. 3 was pretty cool. Really talented and they had some great instrumentation (especially in their closer which had a really long extended jam session intro which was fucking great.) I had only heard a couple of their songs prior to the show, but I will probably check out their stuff further after their set. Good shit.

The Dear Hunter was alright. Their faster stuff wasn't bad, but their slow songs (which took up most of the second half of their set) were pretty stagnant and boring. They are definitely good musicians and fit well on a bill with Coheed, but they didn't really impress me too much.

Scores
3 7.5/10
The Dear Hunter 5/10
Coheed and Cambria 9/10

Setlists:
3 included:
React
Only Child

Coheed and Cambria:
No World for Tommorow
Gravemakers and Gunslingers
Everything Evil