View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 06:16 PM
N00B

YEAH BITCH, ONE YEAR LATER AND IM BACK TO DO THIS SHIT.

Actually I'm procrastinating on work, so might as well work on the ultimate procrastination project over here.

So yeah LETS DO THIS.

9. Nocturnal - The Black Dahlia Murder

Fuck, if only I could recall the day I found out about this album. It was a little bit after Mayhem 09, I had to miss them due to heat exhaustion but after a few months I decided to get a album from them. As usual when I was young, I'd search them on youtube, listen to a song, if I liked it, I'd get the album it was from. That song was "What a Horrible Night to Have a Cure".

Holy fuck I was blown away, the drums, the guitar (that fucking solo), and the vocals. I honestly thought it was 2 vocalists, I couldn't believe that he could switch from such amazing highs, to such amazing lows. I was in love. I immediately downloaded the album. I have to say, there is not a single song I find boring here. All have catchy as fuck riffs, amazing drumming, badass solos, evil lyrics, and Trevors voice is top notch throughout. I just always find myself air guitaring or drumming to this album. This band made me really realize how badass high screams could be, plus it made me completely love badass melodic death metal. Sure this may have no effected me as much as painkiller or maybe all the albums in this list, but it really made me realize how awesome and beautifully catchy metal can be, that it would be something I'd love forever, even if I strayed away from it.

Stand-Out Tracks:
Everything Went Black

Nocturnal

Deathmask Divine

Though, like Painkiller, I love each song on this album.