Thread: 2012.....
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 08:18 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
You really think I don't know how to spell "minutes"? Really? Do you think anybody here is buying that shit?

Your misuse of the word "then", however, is well-documented. You do it all the time, so clearly it's not a typo. Mine was. Obviously.

..and as far as the ongoing argument about the music (which is about to stop now), the fact of the matter is that you bailed on the album and the band after giving them twenty lousy minutes. That's lame. End of story. I nearly hated Yellow & Green on first listen, but now it's one of my favorite releases of 2012. That happened because I took a patient approach with the music - fact. ...and as far as your pitiful excuse about having too many albums and too little time (you big bad media mogul, you )...trust me, if there's a motherfucker on this forum who's busier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger, then it's me way the fuck more than it is you.

...but I still find time to be objective. Either that, or I just keep my trap shut and let the people who have actually listened to the album give their (hopefully informed) opinions on it.

tl;dr: you ripped the fuck out of an album based on listening to half of it and that makes you lame
No need to post the tl;dr bullshit. If someone is posting shit about me, I read the whole thing.

Do you want me to check out the other half just to say that I'm not going to like it? I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong.

And more importantly, why does it matter to you what I do? You liked it, fine. Muse is a talented band. I didn't like the last 3 Muse albums because its in a style I don't like. I gave it a shot for half an album's worth, it didn't catch on with me. Why does that make me lame to not continue to listen to an album I didn't enjoy. I have no reason to do that to anyone who doesn't like an album I enjoy, that's just stupid. If you don't like a movie or a tv show and you stop watching it because it wasn't interesting to you, does that make you stupid. If you buy a video game, and you don't enjoy it so you stop playing it, does that make you lame too?

And now you're knocking what I do for a profession now. Jesus, seriously? I'm not sure what you do for a living, but you must be doing it right to remain as busy as you do and still find time to enjoy music. I don't. So why the fuck knock me for not taking the time to finish an album I didn't enjoy?

I know it's a hard concept to understand, but if someone doesn't enjoy something, unless they are subjected to it or have to do it for a living or a reason that is against their will, people choose not to partake in said thing anymore.

tl;dr I didn't enjoy it, get over it