Thread: 2012.....
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 11:53 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Muse has always had some degree of electronica in their music, so nothing has changed here except maybe for the relative amount of it in the mix - and no, don't even think about saying, "yeah, it's ALL electronic this time!", because it's clearly not. The supermassive distaste for dubstep on this forum just makes me laugh. They do it on exactly ONE fucking track. One. And to tell you the truth, it's not overdone and it actually sounds kinda cool to me. Some of you people on here and your sensitive gag reflexes just make me chuckle. All electronic-sounding stuff is not dubstep. Get it through your heads.

EDIT: Also, are you saying that "Black Holes" was a disappointment?!?

Congratulations on being objective and / or patient. Kids these days. It's all about instant gratification or fuck it and move on to the next sensory stimulus.

Another overstatement in my opinion.
In order:

I didn't say it was all dubstep and Electronica, but its heavily in there. the only song, Save Me had anything redeeming about the album and even that didn't.....save the album.

And yes Black Holes and Revelations couldn't have been more of a disappointment in my eyes. As an old fan of Muse I liked when the electronics was in the background, not the forefront. ever since BH&R, that's what it's been.

I'm 24, I can't be that much younger then you. I've been a fan since I discovered Muse on the Little Nicky soundtrack. I'm not into this style of music, it's not growing to grow on me. Muse tried that twice with Black Holes and Revelations and The Resistance, it didn't work then, and this album is more of what I don't like from the band. More so than ever.

Albums don't have to be perfect off the bat. My favorite albums had to grow on me. But it also has to be something I can get into. For me, that's not Muse anymore.