Thread: 2012.....
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 08:12 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Muse has always had some degree of electronica in their music, so nothing has changed here except maybe for the relative amount of it in the mix - and no, don't even think about saying, "yeah, it's ALL electronic this time!", because it's clearly not. The supermassive distaste for dubstep on this forum just makes me laugh. They do it on exactly ONE fucking track. One. And to tell you the truth, it's not overdone and it actually sounds kinda cool to me. Some of you people on here and your sensitive gag reflexes just make me chuckle. All electronic-sounding stuff is not dubstep. Get it through your heads.

There is some truth here. The songs are a bit more tame this time around, and there are really no clear bangers like "Stockholm", "Hysteria", "Supermassive" or "Knights" on the new album. However, I think to say "it blows" is exaggerating quite a bit.

Congratulations on being objective and / or patient. Kids these days. It's all about instant gratification or fuck it and move on to the next sensory stimulus.

Another overstatement in my opinion.

One song. One fucking song. Cool your jets, son.

Part two of the song has no dubstep in it, and it sounds rather like typical Muse fare. I do agree that the overall feel is that there is less to get excited about on this album, but there are definitely some classic Muse sounds here, and it's actually less of a departure from their typical style than "The Resistance" was. In a way, it's a return to form, with some experimentation in a few new directions. It's interesting, but not great.
Nat, I've never wanted to high-five you so bad

I listened to the album last night, and really liked it. Like Nat said, there was only one track with dubstep influence, and it worked, too.
3/15 Gogol Bordello