Thread: 2012.....
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 06:49 PM
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
The first song is pretty good, but it don't care for those backing vocals starting at 2:35. The next song was just alright, nothing particularly interesting until the solo. "Maniacally Unleashed" is one of the strongest tracks. It's awesome all the way through. Then comes the title track, which is heavy, but feels somewhat repetitive and has a slight Job for a Cowboy feel to it. As it has already been said, it's basically generic modern death metal, but I think the solo saves it from being too mediocre. After that "Bound by Desire" brings everything back to life. The solos in this song are incredible and definitely the highlight of the EP. It might be one of my favorite Revocation songs. Overall Teratogenesis is very enjoyable, but I still think that Existence is Futile stands as Revocation's strongest work.
Pretty much this. I'd rank Revocations work like this:

Existence is Futile> Empire of the Obscene> Chaos of Forms> Teratogenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by street_burial View Post
for the first time in 2 years I waited until release day to get an album, not listening to the song previews etc.. on the first listen through of the new As I Lay Dying and I think I've already found my AOTY.
Well then I must listen to this album.
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15