View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
The Master was outstanding. At the risk of sounding like a quote on a movie poster, Joaquin Phoenix's performance is mesmerizing.
I almost saw that tonight. My wife and I went to see "End of Watch" (more on that in a minute), and we almost pulled the ol' illegal double feature to see "The Master", but we were too tired to make it through another movie and just decided to come home. We are truly getting old, because back in the day, that would have been a no-brainer. Then again, the second movie would have cost us another $20 (at least) in babysitting fees, so maybe we made the right choice.

Naw, but "End of Watch" was, simply put, the best movie I've seen all year. Hands down. Jake Gyllenhall might even deserve an Oscar for his performance - he was that good. Michael Pena was excellent as well. I'm not going to say a damn thing more about it, because in my opinion, the less you know about the movie before going to see it, the better. Just fucking go. That is all.

Oh, and the 15% of critics polled by Rotten Tomatoes who didn't like it should be shot in the head for being "I'm to cool for school" elitist fucktards.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 09-22-2012 at 07:25 PM.