View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Devin Townsend's 'Epicloud' album. Not his best, not his worst. The first three songs were pretty bad but starting with song four it got better and better, peaking with Kingdom then slowed down and ended rather anti-climactically. Of the five Devin Townsend Project albums I'd say it's the second best (after Addicted!) but I'll have to give it a few more listens to give a concrete ranking. Lucky Animals is a fucking awful song.
I'd say Epicloud is tied with Ghost for the weakest DTP album. Not that Epicloud is bad but I really have to take back some of the ridiculous claims I made about it being AOTY before any full songs were released. I've heard the record about 10 times now and some of this stuff gets old quick. I wouldn't call Lucky Animals "fucking awful" but I am getting to the point where I want to skip that song every time I listen to the album. I've noticed that a lot of people are calling the new version of Kingdom the highlight of the album. It's cool and all but people seem to be overlooking the god tier By a Thread version of Kingdom that shits on both studio versions.