View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Metalachi -- Pomona, CA -- September 12th, 2012

Source: me
Venue : LA County Fair at the Plaza De Las Americas Stage

I found out a few weeks ago that Metalachi was going to playing the mariachi stage at the LA County Fair this year. I was super stoked because I haven't seen them since last December. For those who don't know, Metalachi is the worlds first and only metal mariachi band! They cover metal songs and make them mariachi. Its fucking great! The violinist plays all the guitar solos perfectly! My favorite is the trumpet player. He's dressed up in black metal war gear, but still has a sombrero on. I really hope this thread doesn't get moved because it is a bunch of metal songs. I've seen acoustic shows get posted and not moved on here...

Metalachi posted a few days ago they were going to go on at 6:30pm and play four sets. I got my friends, and after a little lag, we found our way to the stage a little after 7pm. I walked up to hear the opening notes of Rainbow in the Dark on violin. I was super stoked I was finally seeing this amazing band again! I was kind of bummer I didn't get there when they went on, so I unfortunately missed the first few songs. Rainbow in the Dark could have been the opening song for all I know, but I didn't ask anyone. It was awesome seeing all the old people sitting around listening to metal covers. Most of them got pissed off and left because they were expecting actual mariachi songs, but weren't going to get them! The third set was the weakest in my opinion because it was mostly actual mariachi songs, so I didn't know the names of them. That's why there is the question marks. Each set was between 30 and 45 minutes, so Metalachi ended playing at least two hours and 15 minutes, if not more. I was happy they played all of their debut album Uno. The only thing that bummed me out was that they didn't play Killing in the Name Of. They might have before I got there, but I will never know. Anyways, I hope people will check this band out cause they are awesome! If you are in the area, they are playing again tomorrow! It's $5 to get into the fair after 5pm with a coupon and $12 to park. It is completely worth it!!

Set 1:
??????
Rainbow in the Dark (Dio)
Sweet Child of Mine (Guns n Roses)
Man in a Box (Alice in Chains)
Here I Go Again (Whitesnake)
Crazy Train (Ozzy)
??????

Set 2:
Final Countdown (Europe)
Ace of Spades (Motorhead)
Run to the Hills (Iron Maiden_
Black Dog/Immigrant Song/Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin)
Raining Blood (Slayer)
Living on a Prayer (Bon Jovi)
La Bomba

Set 3:
??????
??????
Feed My Frankenstein (Alice Cooper)
??????
Mexican American (Cheech and Chong)
Every Rose has its Thorn (Poison)
??????
??????
Master of Puppets/Nothing Else Matters/Enter the Sandman (Metallica)

Set 4:
Bark at the Moon (Ozzy)
Mexican Hat Dance/Iron Man (Black Sabbath)
Winds of Change (Scorpions)
Shout at the Devil (Motley Crue)
Back in Black (AC/DC)
??????

Rating: 10/10