View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

26. Primus - Green Naugahyde

With all due deference to He Who Never Posts Here Anymore...your indifference to / disdain for this band is just something that we'll have to agree to disagree on. For me, Primus is a band that's just about impossible to categorize, and so it came as no surprise to me to hear that they are the only band to have their own genre on iTunes (which is quite simply listed as "Primus"). One of the saddest days in music for me was when I heard that this band were calling it quits, and the news was even tougher to take because in all the time I had been a fan, I had never seen them live. Fast forward to today, and I've now seen them twice since they reunited, and then they released this album. Let's just say that if you think they were going to pick up where the severely anti-climatic "Antipop" left off, think again. This album is a triumphant return to form for this unique and awesome band. Tracks like "Hennepin Crawler", "Tragedy's a' Comin' " and "Last Salmon Man" prove that these guys haven't lost their edge one bit. The phenomenally creepy "Jilly's on Smack" might just be one of the best songs they've ever written. Primus is back, bitches!