View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 04:10 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
4. Grand Designs (first time played since 1986)
5. The Body Electric (first time played since 1985)
6. Territories (first time played since 1988)
7. The Analog Kid (first time played since 1994)
9. Where's My Thing? (first time played since 1992, with Neil solo)
20. Manhattan Project (first time played since 1990)
Next month will be my ninth time seeing Rush since 1996 and this will be my first time seeing these songs live. Adding the new songs in, that's a total of 14 songs i've never seen them do live. I can't think of any other band who could do that after seeing them multiple times. The first set rules, especially everything from Force Ten through Bravado. The only changes I would make would be to add two well known songs in place of Halo Effect and Wish Them Well. They're the two worst songs on the album (BU2B2 doesn't count) so they really don't need to be played. They're both good songs, just the two worst on the new one.

Rush really dug deep and pulled out some really cool songs that I can't wait to hear. If you have a problem with this set then I really don't know what to tell you. Last tour was the show for the casual fan, if you missed that then you're fucked because this tour is for the diehard fans.

I don't wanna hear anybody bitching about them not playing stuff from the 1970s. That arguement is old and weak and you all know Geddy can't sing those songs for shit anymore. Be happy that at 60 years old these guys are still going out there and touring and are still surprising their fans with the songs they pick to play.