View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
If you ask me, the WWE never had a better Divas devision than it did in 2002-2006. I actually gave a crap about womens matches then, that one with Lita and Trish headlining Raw was a wicked match. But when Trish and Lita left within a few months of each other in late 2006 it all went downhill.

And tying in Divas with Wrestlemania X8 I'll never forget that, for some reason, after Hogan vs. the Rock they had the Divas match (Three-Way of Trish, Lita and Jazz, I think) and I'd never heard a crowd die so fast. Way to suck the life out of a crowd, even though it was Trish's hometown.
Actally the whole point of putting the match in that spot was to kill the crowd for a bit. If they put the world title match on right after Hogan/Rock it would've been too much for the crowd. They needed to ge their energy back, kinda like how a band will throw a slower song into the set so everyone can catch a breather for a few minutes. Still, the crowd was dead for the world title match anyways. It was a good match but there was no drama to it because everybody knew HHH was winning, so most didn't really care. Hogan and Rock was the main event of the show and the crowd had nothig left after that. In fact, there were a lot of people who left the venue after that match.

How dare you talk about the divas division from 2002-2006 and not mention Victoria