View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 11:04 PM
D.B.B.

Vektor -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 4th, 2012

This venue was the complete opposite of the Slidebar where they played the day before. It was a shitty restaurant in the dirtiest spot in downtown LA. And it wasn't free. Going into it, I was completely tired from the day before. I didn't get home till about 4 in the morning, but I wasn't about to miss another Vektor performance.

My friends Exmortus were the first band up. They were missing their second guitar player David at the show. Poor guy got sick the day before, on his 21st birthday. He was coughing up blood and had to go to the hospital. Texted him today and he's doing better thankfully. So Exmortus had to play as a three piece. They played a couple new songs that sounded different, but still awesome! I can't wait for the new album! Even though they were missing a guitarist, they still put on a great show!

Just a note, the venue had shitty equipment and the sound guy looked like he had no idea what he was doing. For Exmortus, the vocals were all fucked, and for Vektor, the vocals were way too high. Also, the mix was horrible during Exmortus' set. All I could hear was bass. He would leave his mixer to head bang, then come back to pretend to play with the controls. Nothing in sound changed.

Despite the sound issue, Vektor played a godly set! It was better then the last show! They didn't get their time cut tonight. I'd say they played for an hour and a half, but i could be wrong. They looked like they were having the most fun on stage too. I could go on and on about how amazing they were, but you've heard it all before. They are perfect! Go see them whenever you get the chance and give them all your money!

1. Cosmic Cortex
2. Black Future
3. Dying World
4. Tetrastructual Minds
5. Dark Nebula
6. Hunger for Violence
7. DNA
8. Oblivion
9. Outer Isolation
10. Accelerating Universe