View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Close your eyes forget your name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarian13 View Post
Didn't make it to this show, unfortunately, as it was only announced a few days beforehand and I was already leaving Vancouver on the day before.

But I did catch the first two shows (24th/25th) and they were both fucking awesome. Metallica have seriously improved over the last few tours, their performances were spot on and with a great setlist to boot.

People can slam them all they want, but Metallica still puts more effort and energy into their live shows than most bands out there. They play two and a half hours every night, switch up the setlist regularly (playing plenty of old, obscure songs), and even if they're not as intense or aggressive as the 80s you can tell they still have actual passion for their music and live show and really care about it. That's more than you can say about most bands their age.
I love this comment it sums up my thoughts on Metallica perfectly. I will always make an effort to see them if they are playing in my area (hell I went out of state 2 times to see 'em, 2009 in San Jose and 2011 at the Big 4 in Indio, CA) because I know they have always give effort and I feel like they can continue to do so for the next 5-10 years