View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 06:09 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Skeletonwitch is playing in Pawtucket (which is just barely outside of Providence) on Friday, so you literally just miss them. I'll be at the show more than likely so if you want stick around another day and go to the show you can shit on me for not liking Yellow and Green in person Outside of that there's nothing in those 3 days that I know of.
Thanks for responding. Yeah, I saw that Skeletits show. Too bad about that. Now it looks like I might not be making the trip after all. Still gotta figure out the travel schedule between me and the other guy on my team, but if I do go, I definitely won't be able to stay extra since my wife will be at home pulling her hair out with the kids as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
This is incredibly depressing to me.
Fourth'ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
That's a fairly extreme case, but frankly this does happen, and will happen, to practically everyone here, just in different ways.
I'll probably end up being an exception to this, and I'll tell you why. My interest in going to shows got significantly rekindled about eight years ago when I realized there was a lot of awesome stuff going on in the metal scene at the time (prior to that, I was on an electronica kick for a while and so I didn't go to a lot of live shows). Since then, my family has been growing and my free time to go to shows has been dwindling, so I can never make as many as I'd like. When you're in a state of constant starvation, it's kinda hard to get burned out on good food, know what I'm sayin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
And often now I find an hour or so of most bands is enough. It's only the ones I really love that I want to play long sets and I get disappointed with if they play short ones.
Agreed here, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
lol, file under "growing up"
Wrong. File under "*core music sucks in the first place", with a cross-reference under "JD has ADHD".