View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 01:46 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
Yeah, I've been getting incredibly bored of shows, too. When I was younger I used to try to go to every single show that remotely interested me, but now I barely even go to shows by bands I regularly listen to. Earlier this summer I went to see Terror, but I guess I underestimated their popularity because tickets sold out a couple days before, so I showed up two hours in advance to wait in line, but I still didn't get in, and honestly I didn't even care, despite the fact Terror is one of my absoulte favorite bands, ever. Also, last night I saw Lightning Bolt, who I don't listen to that much, but I've heard so much about their live show that I just had to go and check it out. And yeah, they put on an absolutely sick performance, but after a while I was like "OK, I think I get the idea" and left early. I've gone to like three shows this summer, and it's sure as hell not due to work obligations or lack of money Point is live music just doesn't do it for me anymore. I guess that's not the worst thing in the world because my hearing is already fucked at age 20.
I TOTALLY have felt that way, multiple times before. Taking breaks from shows make you appreciate it more, or going to shows of different genres of music. Every single generic/somewhat alright metalcore band I liked from 2008 I'm just soooooo apathetic towards seeing now. Like, summer slaughter had a sick lineup this year and I didn't care one bit I was missing it.