View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
Yeah, I've been getting incredibly bored of shows, too. When I was younger I used to try to go to every single show that remotely interested me, but now I barely even go to shows by bands I regularly listen to. Earlier this summer I went to see Terror, but I guess I underestimated their popularity because tickets sold out a couple days before, so I showed up two hours in advance to wait in line, but I still didn't get in, and honestly I didn't even care, despite the fact Terror is one of my absoulte favorite bands, ever. Also, last night I saw Lightning Bolt, who I don't listen to that much, but I've heard so much about their live show that I just had to go and check it out. And yeah, they put on an absolutely sick performance, but after a while I was like "OK, I think I get the idea" and left early. I've gone to like three shows this summer, and it's sure as hell not due to work obligations or lack of money Point is live music just doesn't do it for me anymore. I guess that's not the worst thing in the world because my hearing is already fucked at age 20.
That's a fairly extreme case, but frankly this does happen, and will happen, to practically everyone here, just in different ways. I go to a lot of a shows a year still, and I'm not yet going to less than I used to, but I am going to less than I could. I do skip shows by bands I like if I've seen them a few times before, or if I'm not really that bothered about them, whereas I used to go to see bands I was only half interested in.

And often now I find an hour or so of most bands is enough. It's only the ones I really love that I want to play long sets and I get disappointed with if they play short ones.

11/7 Snakecharmer
20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival