View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Sorry, to sound like a bitter old wrestling fan but i've been a fan since about 1986 or so. My first wrestling memories are seeing Randy Savage beat Tito Santana for the IC title back when winning that belt actually meant something speical. Wrestlemania 2 was the first PPV I ever watched and while the matches weren't always the greatest back then it was the hype that sold you on everything. That's what's missing now, there's little to no hype about the big matches anymore and they don't get you excited for them at all. In all the years i've been watching the last two or three years have easily been the worst the overall WWE product has been. It's not the fault of the talent, just like any other job they go out there and do what they're told. It's this generic, play it safe PG booking bullshit and all this constant social media stuff that's killing it.

Thanks to anyone who read that whole thing. I didn't expect to go on that long. I guess as a life long fan i've had a few grievences built up in me that I had to get off my chest
It's much more than welcome. You hear so many "disillusioned" wrestling fans whining on the internet, but they've only been "disillusioned" since 2006. Whereas you actually have some *ahem* age and your so called "bitterness" can be justified because at least you've actually stuck through with it. It reminds me of a review I read on Metal-archives.com:

"I read this kid who hated the new Celtic Frost album after he's been waiting so long for it. Fuck you kid, you've only been waiting since 2005! I've been waiting since 1989! And this album is fucking horrible!"