Fade to Black
Master of Puppets
Battery
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

Encore:
Hit the Lights
Seek & Destroy

Just arrived back home from Edmonton after a 6 hour drive. What an amazing show. I'm still trying to process everything I saw last night through my brain. Total sensory overload. I've been a Metallica fan all my life but have never had the chance to see them live. Something would always come up that would prevent me from going to the show the odd time they come around here. I don't think I could have asked for a better experience for my first 'Tallica show.

My friend and I arrived at Rexall around 5:30 at which point they were all ready letting people in. The first surprise of the evening was seeing the sign on the way in saying the show was being filmed for the 3D Blu Ray. We quickly went through the merch booth (Rexall is very organized at the booths compared to some other venues I've been to) and quickly made it to the floor scoring a great spot on the rail. We chatted with a very friendly younger female security guard until Striker started. They were good but pretty forgettable.

Then around 8:30 came the big moment. The lights went out and The Ecstasy of Gold came on. I could feel my eyes begin to tear up at this point. It hit me that I was about to finally see the band that made me a metal head from the front row. The next two hours were absolute bliss with a ton of headbanging and singing. The special effects and pyro were amazing. People around me were even convinced that the stage "accident" at the end of Enter Sandman was real. At the end of the night I walked away with two picks James Hetfield threw directly for me (one I gave to my friend) and one I managed to snag off the ground that Kirk threw.

All in all I don't think I could have asked for a better experience for my first Metallica show. I fully intend to buy the Blu Ray so I can relive that amazing night whenever I want. I have a ton of pictures and a few videos (Of Bell, Battery and Roam) I can post if anyone wants to see.

Last edited by Christen; 08-19-2012 at 03:04 PM.