View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

I hate you.

I wanted to attend this show so badly, but my family situation at home right now doesn't allow much freedom for shows nowadays (not that I'm complaining). That said, my disappointment isn't half as deep as I thought it might be. A setlist I looked at from just a few shows ago had not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six but a whopping SEVEN tracks from the self-titled album...this show had zero. Wow. That's a drastic difference.

On the bright side, I've seen most of these songs performed before (all but about four, I think). The one that stands out that I really would've liked to see is "Subtle Hustle", and maybe "Abraham Lincoln".

Still, I would've liked to be there. Glad you enjoyed yourself, in spite of the dickheads.

Speaking of which, I have noticed two things: (1) the demographic of folks who attend Clutch shows has changed over the years, and there are a lot more assholes in the crowd than there used to be (like you said), and (2) people in general just don't seem to know how (and when) the fuck to mosh properly anymore.

Moshing started out years ago as a fun thing to do, and it was simply an expression of the sheer joy of being at the show. Now it just seems like it's an ego-stroking bro thing half the time. It's like it's a pre-pubescent version of "king of the hill", only without the fucking hill. These idiots also seem to want to mosh at the most inappropriate times, too. For example, I saw some drunk 6'-6" 350-pound Neanderthal at an Isis show in Cleveland a few years ago throwing his friends into crowd members who clearly didn't want to have anything to do with moshing. At an Isis show. Isis. I wanted to fucking punch the guy, but I was taping the set, so I didn't. Lucky for me, because I probably would have ended up being kicked out of what turned out to be the last time I'd ever get to see Isis.