View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 11:31 AM
" Amps on Ten, Ears are Bleeding "

Steel Panther -- Montreal, Quebec -- August 10th, 2012

I read the review of Niagara Falls and got really fired up for this show!! I have been wanting to see SP for quite some time.

The show has been sold out for some time. It was my first time at the Corona Theater. I was quite surprised at the cleanliness of the venue. The sound was spectacular!

The first band was Rusted. I assumed they are from Quebec/Montreal area. They reminded me of an early Y&T mixed with some Tesla. The songs we ok. Frankly, the band lacked a set of stones. In the words of the great Deco, " You girls have fair voices, but you're not putting enough(grabs his crotch)of that into it! " They should listen to Hurricane from Earthshaker then they might get it. I was glad they played for 1/2 hour.

Here's the set;

Supersonic Sex Machine
Tomorrow Night
Fat Girl
Asian Hooker
Just Like Tiger Woods
Gold Digging Whore
Satchel's solo
Turn Out The Lights
Community Property
Eyes of a Panther
Weenie Ride
Party All Day
It Won't Suck Itself
Death To All But Metal

Encore-

Eatin' and Cheatin'
17 Girls in a Row

I love Steel Panther! Since I got Feel The Steel I listen to them on a regular basis. I loudly sang every lyric I knew. My favorites were Asian Hooker, Gold Digging Whore and Eyes of Panther!

During Asian Hooker, an properly dressed Asian girl got up on stage and danced, grinded, and performed other acts. There was also a blow up doll being thrown around.

Party all Night brought 12 girls on the stage for the song.

This show will go down as one of my favorites!

I could go on about the show, but I will narrow it to three parts;

Satchel's solo was great! He played his guitar at the drum set and used the bass drum to set the beat for the various of riffs that he played.

The two 10 year kids and the " cougar " provided some great material!

I don't know if Michael was BS'ing us put he said we were the loudest crowd yet. I would believe it.