View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

System of a Down -- Washington, DC -- August 7th, 2012

Been wanting to see SOAD for a while now and I finally got the chance. Deftones opened and they were completely forgettable just like I expected. System put on an amazing show though. Every member was very high energy and seemed to be having a great time. I was on the rail in front of Daron and I loved all the weird shit he did. I'm pretty sure the guy is at least a little unstable. I loved his rants and bullshitting. He saw a security guy push someone who was on their way out of the pit after crowd surfing and Daron threw a pick at his head.

The way they opened with Prison Song from behind the curtain was really cool. I loved pretty much all the songs in the set but the Toxicity stuff came off especially well live. The absolute highlights for me were Cigaro, Prison Song, Chop Suey, Tentative, Bounce, Needles, and BYOB. The crowd was pretty crazy, a lot of pits and crowd surfing. Luckily the worst of it was in the center. They had 4 different tour shirts including a white shirt with the first album hand and dates on the back. Only bummer was we didn't get Mr. Jack like NY did. In conclusion, Daron has a huge cock, SOAD rules, and go see these guys if you have the chance.

Prison Song
Soldier Side - Intro
BYOB
Needles
Deer Dance
Radio/Video
Hypnotize
Question?
Suggestions
Psycho
Chop Suey
Lonely Day