View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 11:25 PM
N00B

Iron Maiden -- Phoenix, AZ -- August 6th, 2012

I'm not very good at reviews but I'll try my best. Got to the venue early, around 6 since we were in the lawn and my friend and I wanted to make sure that we got a spot as close as possible while also being center stage. After waiting in the ridiculous heat until 7:30 (High was 112 degrees) Coheed and Cambria came on. I was surprised by their performance, while I'm not the biggest fan, they played their material really well. The Heaven and Hell cover was a nice addition.

Maiden came on exactly at 9 and for the next two hours, Maiden put forth the best performance I've ever heard from them, and possibly the best concert I've ever seen. The sound this concert was SO much better then my previous two experiences (cause New Mexico venues suck). Also, Bruce sang better then I've ever heard him sing, both live and on recent DVDs. Completely nailed Seventh Son, even the "Ohhhs" immediately following the chorus, where he performed it exactly like the album. I was completely blown away by that since a lot of the previous videos I had seen, Bruce had to take a few more breaths during those sections. Plus, Seventh Son easily had the most badass looking stage set up of the night. The Prisoner was fantastic live as well, and I was suprised at how well ATTS turned out considering I wasn't really a fan of the original.

I never thought Maiden would beat their 2008 concert, but imo they completely outdid themselves this go around.

Moonchild
Can I Play with Madness
The Prisoner
2 Minutes to Midnight
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
The Trooper
The Number of the Beast
Phantom of the Opera
Run to the Hills
Wasted Years
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
The Clairvoyant