View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 12:21 AM
N00B

Crowbar -- Copenhagen, Denmark -- August 5th, 2012

Hi there,

Iv been reading and enjoying this site for a long time but this is my first post.

On Sunday August 5th 2012, I went to see the mighty Crowbar play a small show in Copenhagen. Since I live in Sweden, I had to travel by boat, then train too get to the show. None of my friends are really into Crowbar, but that didnt stop me so I went alone. After all Ive been listening to the band since 1994 and this was my first chance to see them.

A six-pack on the train go me in the right mood for the show.

The show was at a small place called Beta. The show was sold out and that meant about 150-200 people there.

Opening band was a local band called Hellhorse. They were pretty good.

After a short break setting upp their gear, Crowbar came on stage led by the one and only Kirk Windstein. The sound was not very good at first. It was difficult to hear Kirks singing. This got better but the vocals were never great. Maybe it was worse up front where I was than in the back, but I wanted to be up close for this show. Crowbar played for about an hour and the setlist was as follows

1. Conquering
2. New Dawn
3. Burn Your World
4. Lasting Dose
5. Sever The Wicked Hand
6. Liquid Sky and Cold Black Earth
7. Self Inflicted
8. I Am Forever
9. High Rate Extinction
10. Planets Collide
11. All I Had I Gave
12. Let Me Mourn
13. The Cemetary Angels
14. I Have Failed

My favorite albums by Crowbar are their self titled album from 93 and their last one, Sever The Wicked Hand from last year so those song were hightlights for me. There were no real moshing until they played All I Had I Gave. They finished with a great heavy version of I Have Failed.

After the show I talked briefly with Kirk, telling him how much his lyrics and music have meant to me for a really long time. He really seemed to appreciate that.

All in all a great show and it was awesome to finally see Crowbar live.

Last edited by LetsGoMurphys; 08-07-2012 at 12:26 AM. Reason: add images