View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Rammstein will never open for another band, and they will never play for just an hour.
Why not? Both Slayer and Megadeth have done that. If Rammstein somehow thinks that they are above that in anyway then the band has some serious issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
I agree to an extent. I think getting Rammstein or SoaD is possible but I wouldn't bet on it. However, since they are now giving up one of the small stages/bands and directing that money towards a more popular headliner, it is a possibility. However, expect only one.

I think Deftones would be a good headliner. I can easily see Deftones, LoG, KsE with Korn or Rob Zombie headlining. If a bigger named band headliner, I would expect two out of the 3...

Mainstage:
Rammstein
Deftones
KsE

Jager Stage Headliner:
Hatebreed

Rotating Bands:
Cannibal Corpse
Bring Me the Horizon
Suicide Silence

Opening Bands:
Gojira
Baroness
AKA: The year mayhem festival goes under due to bad ticket sales

If you think that lineup would be able to fill up the venues mayhem plays every year you're kidding yourself. Rammstein just isn't that popular or that big of a draw. Sure, they've filled some arenas in north america recently but that's just because fans are traveling to see them since it so rare that they tour here. You're not gonna get all those people to follow them on the 30 something dates mayhem does over the summer.