View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 12:56 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
You just copied the tracklisting for Operation Mindcrime, an album that the band played to utter death in the last few years... They did a tour where they played a bunch of songs from Empire and Rage for Order, but they didn't play them in their entirety. The band later played Rage in its entirety at a one-off gig in New York. Geoff later said that he really didn't like doing that show and thought that the album hadn't aged well or something.

The complaint that they weren't playing enough old material really best applies to the Cabaret tour, where they played a ton of really crappy songs. The recent 30th Anniversary tour they did had a pretty neat setlist, but Geoff was completely butchering the songs and there was nothing really out of the ordinary or special about the setlist other than it covering the band's whole career.
Actually I copied that from setlist.fm, the fact that its the whole Mindcrime album only proves that Tate did delve into their back catalogue. I can understand not playing an entire set of old songs, as it probably get a little boring playing the same set every night. The fact that their new material sucked balls is irrelevant. Not every old band is Iron Maiden and can consistently put out outstanding material. But if Geoff didn't want to play the same material night after night I don't blame him. People still went to the shows.